PEACE & QUIET
We all need PEACE & QUIET
We all need to SLEEP
Seeping 8 hours will make you feel much better (allow 9 hours, even better)
(Sleeping only 5 hours, your eyes will continually roll back in misery)
THIS IS A 24 HOUR TOWN, MANY PEOPLE WORK DIFFERENT HOURS
Some sleep in the DAY, some sleep at Night, some go to bed EARLY, some go to bed very LATE
BUT WE ALL NEED TO SLEEP
Some people who sleep different hours may live upstairs, or downstairs, or next door, or on the other side of the building, or in the next building. You have people all around you.
Just assume that someone is sleeping very close by, at all times, because they probably are. Most people who sleep odd hours don't want anyone to know, they just want to sleep.
So, QUIET PLEASE, at all times. And if there is ever any exception to the rule, like a party, please make it brief, and not too often (or rent a house in a rural area instead of an apartment if you must party continually). Ask your party animals to be considerate, in fact, you can give them a copy of this.
IDEAS TO HELP EVERYONE SLEEP
1. Be considerate of your neighbors
2. Avoid Yelling & Loud Talking
3. Keep Conversations INSIDE Your Apartment (not outside your neighbors door or neighbors windows, not out in the parking lot, people live next to the parking lot).
4. Wear Ear Plugs (helps a little), dark color plastic lawn bags on windows (inside) helps day sleepers
5. If you live upstairs, try to avoid the squeaky area or stomping, please don't put speakers on the floor . If you are a large person, try to get a downstairs apartment.
6. We know that you have great taste in Music, but EASY ON THE "BASS" (BASS frequencies pass thru walls more than any other frequencies, Turn Down The Bass Please). Better yet . . .
7. GET SOME HEADPHONES for your Stereo. Headphones sound better. You can cook while wearing them. You can dance while wearing them. You can do Yoga while wearing them
8. You can get a "Y" cord or split adapter from Radio Shack so you can plug in 2 sets of Headphones at the same time. (If you get 3 split adapters, plug 2 of them into one, then you can have 4 sets of headphones going). They also have long extensions for headphones.
9. Most TV's now have sound plugs so you can plug the TV sound into the Stereo and watch TV using your Headphones (that's what I do)
10. Portable CD Players or Tape Players are real cool (transfer your favorite CD's to tapes), Music really makes my day or makes my night
11. CAR STEREO? please don't play it in the parking lot, take it down to the Strip and Party On
12. Kids need a place to have fun, Kids are people too, we need more peaceful activities for kids, and more places where kids are welcome.
13. AVOID HONKING or if you must, just a very short "toot" and not a loud "HONK HOOOONNNNK" (but try to find an alternative to any honking at all, anywhere & everywhere, if you can). Please don't honk in Apartment Parking lots. The only time you should Honk is to alert someone to Avoid an Accident (not to be critical that they almost had one). And please, "Hang Up And Drive"
14. If you encounter anyone making LOTS OF NOISE, try to be understanding, in a friendly manner, suggesting Peace & Quiet (we have all been noisy people in the past, its high time we all learned to be peaceful and quiet and considerate of others who are trying to sleep).
If you have not lived in an Apartment Complex very long, some of this may be new to you, but if you have lived in Apartments all of your life, then you may already be familiar with this. This article is not aimed at anyone in particular, just trying to help everyone, get a good nights/days sleep. I think it is a good policy to not get involved with neighbors except an occasional "good morning" or "hi", that's my personal view.
COPY THIS AND PASS IT OUT TO YOUR FRIENDS
(in this and other apartment complexes)
EVERY LITTLE BIT OF CONSIDERATION THAT YOU HAVE, HELPS
Get a Good Nights Rest (or a Good Days Rest)
AND THANK YOU FOR BEING GOOD NEIGHBORS
For a Printable Version of the above, in Word.Doc format (Quiet.doc), CLICK HERE
Addendum A: sweet potatoes and yams (especially near the tips) contain the natural hormone DHEA (can be bought in stores in pill form too) which helps your entire glandular system (endocrine), helps your hormones, and helps your pituitary create its own natural Melatonin (much better than store bought). Normally older people stop naturally making Melatonin after age 40 and thus have a harder time getting sleep, unless you eat sweet potatoes or yams (which are also lower in natural sugars than regular potatoes, thus much better for you).
Addendum B: do go ahead and have sex anyway, even if you have thin walls and many neighbors http://www.archure.net/psychology/sex.html
(sex is a basic instinct, just as is eating, sleeping, drinking water, and survival). Just try too keep it down as much as possible, uh I mean keep it up, just don't scream too loud please, people are trying to sleep, 24 hours per day 7 days per week and holidays too.
Addendum C: if you are aware of any crimes happening (not crimes against ones self, like smoking or drinking, let that be, but crimes against any person or their property) let both The Police and Management know about it as soon as possible. This includes domestic disputes where things are breaking or loud banging around (people getting physical about it), suspected child abuse, serious arguments, broken glass, threats of harm. Write down any descriptions height weight or build (thin, medium, overweight, obese), hair color, mustache, beard, scars, tattoos, color of clothing (example: blue pants, yellow shirt), license plate of car, color of car, make, year, bumper sticker, anything that you can remember. Just let the Police and Management know, and if they find it to be something they need to act on, they can, and if not, at least its on record.
MORE ON ETIQUETTE & MANNERS http://www.archure.net/psychology/manners.html